This Legal Notice is intended to inform you of your rights and obligations as a user of this website. Here you will find all the information you need concerning this website, its activity, the personal data it collects and its purpose, as well as the rules of use that regulate the use of this website.
To begin with, you should know that this website complies with current regulations on data protection in order to provide you with the guarantees, security, and transparency that you, as a user, have when using this website.
EQ-Lab bases its treatment of personal data on the following legal instruments:
- Article 66 of the Constitution of the Republic establishes: “The following rights of persons are recognized and guaranteed: (…) 19. The right to protection of personal information, including access to and decisions about information and data of this nature, as well as its corresponding protection. The gathering, filing, processing, distribution or dissemination of these data or information shall require authorization from the holder or a court order.”
- Article 92 of the Magna Carta (of the Ecuadorian Constitution), which provides that every person will have the right to know of the existence of, and access to, documents, genetic data, logs, or files of personal data and reports about themselves or their assets, that are recorded in public or private entities, in hard-copy or electronic format.
- Electronic Commerce Law, Article 5 – Confidentiality and reservation, Article 8 – Preservation of data messages, and Article 9 – Data protection.
- Article 4 of the Organic Law of the National Public Data Registry System establishes: “Responsibility for information – Public and private sector institutions and natural persons who currently or in the future administer public data bases or registries. They are responsible for the integrity, protection and control of the records and databases in their charge. Said institutions will be responsible for the veracity, authenticity, custody and proper preservation of the records. The responsibility for the veracity and authenticity of the registered data is exclusive to the declarant when he or she provides all the information (…).”
- Article 6 of the Organic Law of the National Public Data Registry System establishes: “Accessibility and confidentiality – Personal data, such as: ideology, political or union affiliation, ethnicity, health status, sexual orientation, are confidential. Religion, immigration status and other related to personal privacy and especially that information whose public use violates the human rights enshrined in the Constitution and international instruments (…).”
- The Organic Code of the Social Economy of Knowledge, Creativity and Innovation (COESCCI), in General Provisions, SEVENTH VIGÉMISA: “(…) The processing of personal data that includes actions such as the collection, systematization and storage of personal data, will require the prior and informed authorization of the owner. The authorization of the owner will not be required when the treatment is developed by a public institution and has a statistical or scientific purpose; protection of health or safety; or it is carried out as part of a public policy to guarantee constitutionally recognized rights.”
The owner responsible for this website is Fundación EQ-Lab:
- Name: Fundación Ecuatoriana para el fomento de la Investigación, Ciencia y Tecnología EQ-Lab
- RUC: 0993224383001
- Registered Office: Cdla. Bolivariana Mz. 10 villa 14
- Website activity: Informative
- Email: [email protected]
RULES OF ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
As a user of our website, you also have a series of obligations:
- You will not be able to use this website to carry out activities contrary to laws, morals, or public order, and, in general, you are allowed only to make use of it in accordance with the conditions established in this Legal Notice.
- You will not be able to carry out advertising or commercial exploitation activities by sending messages that use a false identity.
- You will also be solely responsible for carrying out any type of illegal, injurious, harmful, and/or damaging action on third-party sites to which we can refer you from this website for the development of our activity.
- As the entity in charge of the website, EQ-Lab may interrupt the service of a page that is being used by a user and immediately resolve the issue if it detects a use of the website or any of the services offered therein that may be considered contrary to what is expressed in this Legal Notice.
INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
The entirety of this website (text, images, brands, graphics, logos, buttons, software files, color combinations, as well as the structure, selection, arrangement, and presentation of its contents) is protected by the current laws on Intellectual and Industrial Property, which prohibit its reproduction, distribution, public communication, and transformation, except for personal and private use.
As the owner of this website, EQ-Lab does not guarantee that the contents are accurate or error-free or that the free use of them by users does not infringe the rights of third parties. The good or bad use of this page and its contents is the responsibility of the user.
Likewise, the total or partial reproduction, retransmission, copying, assignment, or redistribution of the information contained in these pages, whatever the purpose and the means used for it, is prohibited without prior authorization from EQ-Lab.
This website includes links to third-party sites. The pages belonging to these third parties have not been reviewed, nor are they subject to controls by us, so EQ-Lab cannot be held responsible for the contents of these websites, nor for the measures adopted regarding their privacy or to the processing of your personal data or others that may be derived.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In exercising our right as the owner of this website, we inform you that EQ-Lab is not responsible in any way for the following:
- The quality of the service, the speed of access, the correct functioning or the availability or continuity of operation of the page.
- The existence of viruses, malware, malicious or harmful programs in the contents.
- Illicit, negligent, fraudulent use, or use contrary to this Legal Notice.
- The lack of legality, quality, reliability, usefulness, and availability of the services provided by third parties and made available to users on this website.
- Damages that could arise from the illegal or improper use of this blog.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This website complies with current regulations on data protection, which implies that, as a user, you must give your express consent before providing us with personal data through the different forms made available in the sections of our page.
For this, for the sake of transparency and the exercise of your rights, our duty is to inform you about the personal data that we collect, store, and process, and for what purposes, retaining at any time the possibility of freely revoking your consent.
Therefore we take care to protect the privacy of the data shared on our platform. In particular:
- We use encryption to keep your data private during transmission.
- We restrict access to your personal information to our employees who need that information to process it. All persons who have this access are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be sanctioned or fired if they do not comply with these obligations.
As we inform you as soon as you access our website, this site uses its own and third-party cookies in order to provide you with the best user experience and develop our activity.
At any time, you will have the option to configure your browser to reject the use of these cookies, which, in some cases, may affect your user experience.
If you have any questions about this Legal Notice, you can send us an email at [email protected]